If you're new here, welcome. The Green Light Dhaba is Delhi's only "virtual dhaba." We serve up fresh thinking on the environment, the economy, and justice every Tuesday and Thursday. Because we are new, we've also been working weekends. But the guys and I really need a little time off. So we came up with the idea of a "Saturday Special."
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, you'll still get a full menu of fresh thinking and a place to sit and talk.
On Saturday's we're going to try a new format: snacks and leftovers. In the snacks section, you'll find short bits and links that we just weren't able to work into the main menu. Some of them may turn into longer pieces in the future, and some of them are just for fun. If you have ideas for material we could use in this section, please do let us know. In the leftover section, we have the best of the Green Light Dhaba, for those of you who might not have seen it all.
Just one more thing, before we bring out the menu. We are a new here in cyberspace, so we need all the help we can get. If you like what you see, please give us a shout out, blogroll us, tell your friends, etc.
- Trudie Styler is a hypocrite! Thanks to Wordjunkie for sending this our way. Yep, Trudy's a Brit, so you can't say we only make fun of the Americans.
- A base on the moon is not enough for the Indian Space Research Organization; now they want to buy a space taxi for space tourists. Will we see Shah Rukh Khan in orbit by next Republic Day?
- If we don't figure out how to treat women, is it possible to solve anything else? Here's Akhond of Swat on "Eve Teasing".
Here and there
Leftovers:the Best of the Dhaba, Reheated
- The "10,000 Year Flood" and other Fairy Tales: a realistic look at India's Extreme Weather It's almost unbelievable that we aren't talking more about the climate change/flood/drought connection.
- "Naked India"-- Will a well-tested bomb make you safer? We are faced with flooding and drought. Some say our security requires a new arms race.
- Moonshots and Monsoons: A modest proposal for food security Just "one small step" and we could really do amazing things!
- The No Salt Man: Gandhi Ji's Birthday and the Limits of "Blogging for Change" Two wicked blog reviews, one sweet book review, and "bloggers that time forgot." If you aren't laughing by the time you get to the photo of Bhagat Singh, we'll give you a full refund!
- The World is Not Fair and the GDP is Stupid: Economics for 9 Year Olds The title pretty much says it all.
- The Story of Stuff: Guest Lecture at The Green Light Dhaba A review of the short film, "The Story of Stuff," along with links to the video itself. Good weekend viewing.
Let us know what you think of the Satuday Special, and we hope to see you back here next week.